Updated on July 4th, 2011 ( 5,460 views )
Special Offer: Get affordable RM25 per month Celcom or Maxis Broadband SKMM. First month free but still can enjoy unlimited internet usage.
Digi Prepaid Internet users have grown up since it first start. The price and features of the prepaid internet is so good for a normal internet user. Do not want to lose to Digi, now Celcom has taken the initiative to release their version of prepaid internet called Instanet. Instanet is still new and I haven try it yet thus I cannot give any practical results on Instanet.
If you do not have any broadband or prepaid internet yet, you can buy Instanet at Celcom Blue Cube or Celcom authorized dealers. Instanet comes with three plans that is:
- Instanet Daily – RM 5 per day (500 MB usage quota)
- Instanet Weekly – RM 18 per week (1GB usage quota)
- Instanet Monthly – RM 50 per month (1.5GB usage quota)
For the three packages, all of them have up to 512 kbps download speed. Since the download for three of them is similar, that is not of our concern in choosing the best package for Instanet. If you really want to use Instanet, usage quota and the monthly price is the one that you should check. Let say that you use Instanet Daily for the whole month, that will make RM 130 and you will get 2GB monthly quota. If you use the Instanet weekly for the whole month, that will make RM 72 but you will get 4 GB usage quota for the whole month. Compared to Instanet Monthly, you can have better usage quota using Instanet Weekly for a month. However you still need to compensate for the additional RM22. So you do you think it’s worth? That’s up to you.
Updated on July 3rd, 2011 ( 6,027 views )
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
- Your life in vivid colours. Videos and stills. Show it all off on the sharp, crisp and clear 4,2′ multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine. Share, like and comment with Facebook inside Xperia. The Xperia™ arc Android touch phone – designed to be daring.
- Powered by Android (Gingerbread). Download any application you want from Android Market™ and customise your Xperia™ arc to make it exclusively yours.
- Built-in GPS and Facebook integration
- 8.1 MP camera and HD video
- Let your eyes go wide. The sleek curvature of the stunningly slim – just 8.7 mm – Xperia™ arc makes for a perfect palm-fit. This slender, strong and lightweight smartphone is built to make jaws drop.
- Enhanced contrast. Richer colours. Less image noise. The Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine makes the super-wide, 4.2″, LED back-lit screen sharp and crisp. And through reduced light reflection, the picture stays clear when you’re outdoors, too.
Updated on July 1st, 2011 ( 14,698 views )
I am sure you already come across any advertisement about Digi Prepaid Internet. Is this prepaid internet a broadband? Yes and no. Any internet package can be a broadband if it can supplied necessary speed. In this case Digi prepaid internet can be a broadband if you have good Digi coverage in your area. Somehow Digi Prepaid Internet is not under Digi 3G package. When Malaysian said Digi broadband, they always mean the 3G package and not the prepaid internet. For a normal internet user that lives in Digi coverage area, this prepaid package is good to be considered if you want access to internet and portability. At the fair policy, Digi states that you will likely receive download speed up to 384 kbps if you are within Turbo3G network. That is what they told us, but know what? Many users have shown that they get speed better than that. I am one of the user, sometimes my download speed can even reach 2 Mbps (250 KB/s).
Even though I am satisfied with the speed, user still need to take care of the daily 3GB monthly quota. Once you used 3 GB, your speed will be throttled to 128 kbps. That is what Digi state in the ads. Somehow it looks like the rule doesn’t follow so much. Or perhaps it works differently to every user. This is due to the fact that sometimes I still received good speed (around 700 kbps) although I already exceed the monthly usage. On certain occasion, I can verify that I received slow internet connection after exceeding limit. It seems that choosing Digi is like entering a lucky draw.
Since the usage limit for this Digi prepaid internet is the same as the RM60 broadband package, I conclude that the benefit of this package over broadband package is the ability to reload. That means you do not need to top up the prepaid internet if you don’t want to use it. For every RM10 reload, you can have internet connection for 5 days straight (RM2 per day automatically deduct). Let say that you are going to vacation but still need internet connection. Then that’s only the time you need to top up the prepaid SIM card. I think that is the best choice compared to subscribe a broadband billing package.
Updated on June 30th, 2011 ( 6,524 views )
Nokia E7 (smartphone)
- 8MP camera and HD video
- integration with free GPS navigation
- AMOLED touch screen and QWERTY keyboard for fast typing
- Nokia E7 is powered by Symbian 3 and you can enjoy over 250 new features. Using Nokia E7, you can do multitasking without having to worry about sacrificing battery life.
- Nokia E7 is suitable for someone who wish to have professional editing task and like to keep notes. Nokia E7 is equipped with Words, Excel, Power Point, PDF reader. You can also use this mobile phone to easily access internet using built-in VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- The function to synchronize your phone calendar with Microsoft Outlook should make your life easier in checking your schedule or keep track of your activities
- Through Nokia E7, you can download video from YouTube and watch it directly from the phone. Besides that, you can use the on-demand web TV to watch other channels such CNN and National Geographic
Updated on June 28th, 2011 ( 2,121 views )
The fastest browsing experience available for your phone or tablet, Opera’s rendering speed and efficient controls put it ahead of other browsers.
Surf the Web on mobile devices as easily as on a desktop computer. Whichever phone or tablet you have, a smooth user experience awaits.
Save money on mobile data plans by taking advantage of Opera’s compression technology to reduce data costs by up to 90%.
Updated on June 26th, 2011 ( 12,357 views )
Which one is better? Streamyx or P1 Wimax? That is the question that internet users will ask before choosing which company that they want to subscribe. If you already search for Streamyx and P1 Wimax reviews across the net, you would most likely stumble upon good and bad reviews about both ISP (Internet Service Provider). To choose which brand or package that is better for you, it is wise to decide it by yourself instead of believe on others experience.
In choosing Streamyx (provided by TM Net) or P1 Wimax package, you should look for the controllable factor instead of uncontrollable factor. I consider customer service and service support as uncontrollable factor as you would not know who you might dealing with. If who have bad experience with TM Net technician or customer service, this does not mean that every TM Net staff is just like them. To blame whole company because of one bad staff is not a wise decision. In certain case, living area can be considered as uncontrollable factor. For example, if your area are not within P1 Wimax coverage, it’s not proper to blame them about the slow internet connection that you receive. Read the rest of this entry »
Updated on June 26th, 2011 ( 34,185 views )
How to activate Digi MMS and 3G
- To activate digi MMS, press *128#
How to activate Maxis MMS and 3G
- To activate maxis MMS, press *133#
How to activate Celcom 3G and MMS
There are a few steps that you need to do to activate Celcom 3G service. Before proceeding, please make sure that your handset support GPRS or 3G (and Java or MIDP2.0) to use this service.
- You must first upgrade your Celcom simcard at Celcom centre. Any Celcom centre will do.
- To activate it, use SMS to request the setting and configuration for 3G. Type SET and send to 20999.
- Use the setting that you received to install. You can also get the settings and activate 3g by calling their Customer Service. Read the rest of this entry »
Updated on June 22nd, 2011 ( 1,374 views )
I am sure it will be a bizarre for you if you need to charge your mobile phone frequently. Just imaging what will happen when your mobile phone suddenly shows empty battery during phone call. One of the reason the battery for a mobile phone become empty quickly is because the charge capacity that it can holds become smaller due to aging factor. However, a battery can also last quicker if the user do not know how to manage his phone well enough.
To have your cell phone battery last longer than it normally does, you can try these steps.
- Stop searching for signal whenever you are in an area with poor or no signal since your mobile phone will keep searching for signal with better connection. Doing so require more power from your mobile phone.
- Turn the phone off whenever you think you are not going to use mobile phone.
- Avoid vibration feature since it uses lot of power to vibrate the phone. Instead, just use the ring tone which consumes less power.
- Do not use unnecessary features such as Bluetooth, camera phone, video cam, or listening to music.
Updated on June 22nd, 2011 ( 1,317 views )
The battery of a mobile phone is the life of the mobile phone. Without a battery, a mobile phone cannot be on. And if the battery is weak, then the mobile user needs to periodically charge the battery. As time goes by, it is normal for a battery to become weak. However you can take precautions and necessary steps to ensure that your mobile phone battery can be in top condition as long as possible.
Learn about your mobile phone battery
It is wrong to think that every mobile phone use the same kind of battery. As for now, there is actually two type of battery that can be used inside a mobile phone. The first and oldest one is nickel based battery and the other one is lithium-ion based battery.
For mobile phone that uses nickel battery, it is recommended to wait for the battery to nearly empty state before charging it. This is due to the memory effect that reside within a nickel battery. Let say that you charge your mobile phone although 20% battery still left. If the mobile phone use nickel battery, then you might having trouble as the nickel battery will forget that there is already 20% charge left once charging start. That means, your mobile phone will show empty sign once you have use all of the 80 percent charge. Although in reality, there is still 20 percent charge available.
This is different than modern mobile phone that commonly uses lithium-ion battery. Since lithium battery does not have any memory effect, you do not have to worry when to start charging your mobile phone. Furthermore, lithium battery can automatically detect once the battery has full charge and will stop charging. Thus you do not have to worry about your battery become overcharge.
Initialize a new battery properly
Due to the memory effect of a nickel battery, you need to initialize it by charging the battery for 16 hours straight. If your first charge for the nickel battery is too short, then the battery has a possibility to hold less charge capacity than the maximum capacity. After that it is advisable to do fully discharge and then full charge again for several times.
For lithium-ion battery, 6 hours is enough to initialize the battery. Although your mobile phone has shown the battery is full within 3 hours, don’t worry about it and keep charging until 6 hours. For mobile phone that is using lithium-ion battery, just make sure to not let the battery to be fully discharged. Unlike nickel battery, the life of lithium-ion battery slightly reduced once full discharged happen.
Keep unused battery from heat
If you’re not going to use mobile phone for a while, it’s better to take out the battery from the mobile phone and keep it in a dry and cool place. If you want, you can keep it in refrigerator as long as you make sure to properly wrap the battery inside a plastic bag without no hole. Keeping the battery in cool place also keep the battery from operate. If you let the battery suffer heats, the battery life will drop significantly.
Updated on June 20th, 2011 ( 1,382 views )
The small size of a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) often makes people mistook it for a phone. Actually PDA is just a small version personal computer. If laptop means that the personal computer has a size of human lap, then there is no wonder for PDA to be called palmtop since it is a computer that can fit in a human palm.
Unlike mobile phone, PDA has no phone service. Common reason for most PDA users to use PDA is for the convenience of keeping notes and use utilities provided in PDA during travelling or meeting. PDA is the choice since it is light weight and small compared to laptop that is bigger and heavier. To ease user in handling the device, usually small keyboard and touch screen ability are provided. On todays PDA, almost anything that can be done on a desktop can also be done on a PDA. Feature such as internet connection, wireless, gaming, and MP3 player are integrated in most PDA.
PDA is easily mistook for a smartphone because of their looks. Compared to PDA, smartphone can be said as the advanced version of PDA with phone service integrated. In other words, smartphone is the combination of a PDA and a mobile phone.